Almost 6 months has passed sense we first arrived to Cartagena. Sense then we have done 16 trips between Colombia and Panama and sailed more than 4800 miles. Bay Dreamer has housed more than 95 happy guests and it is now time to move on for new adventures!
We arrived to Cartagena just as the hurricane season started in the Caribbean so we had two options; sit around doing nothing or do some good and save up some money. We decided to do some good and we have really been working hard ever sense.
A lot has happened sense our first trip between the two countries:
- We met a lot of great people and made new friends
- We met some really bad people (not guests)
- We caught 4 yellow fin tunas
- We caught one shark (We released her/him)
- We cought 15 tunas
- We have probably bribed more than 22 officials
- We have seen rain as you have never seen before
- We have cleaned more vomit from the boat than we thought was possible
- We have been hunting with Kuna indians
- We have lifted Bay Dreamer out of the water
- We have learned that the Captain should not practise free diving on his own.
- We have been eating more lobsters than ever before
- We found a under water cave and got frighten by sharks
- We have cooked more than 288 meals in our “onboard”- restaurant kitchen for our guests
- We learned that apples products does not really like the rainy season (3 MacBooks, 2 ipods and 2 iphones has passed away)
And much much more….
It is now time to move on to new grounds and we are soon about to leave this place and head up north to Cayman Island where we will have a dive/sail/kite holiday together with our new friends from Brazil!
Before I stop writing I would like to give a special thanks to a couple of people:
- Thank you Davide for helping us out with practically everything for the last couple of months- you are a hardworking STAR and a good friend!
- 1000 hugs to my brother that worked his ass of on our boat during his vacation- I will make it up to you- next time it will be a proper action/adventure vacation!
- Many thanks to Katrin that was traveling with us for almost 2 months during this time!
- We would also like to thank my old friend Svetlana for getting us started in the beginning!
I could write a book about this time, but don’t worry- I won’t! But here is a bunch of pictures that tells the story a lot better than I could!